Personas are a tool that help venture teams to keep their specific user, or set of users, at the centre of their venture building process. Based on research about the demographics, desires, behaviours and lifestyle choices of your intended users, personas should be made up of specific insights that you can refer back to as you refine your solution, business model and branding. Your personas should represent the people you are building your solution to help. Personas come in a variety of formats but a strong persona should include:
1) A Profile Photo - this can be a stock photo or other google image that represents your user accurately.
2) Demographic Details - your user's job, marital status/family situation, age, income, education and location.
3) A Quote - a statement in your user's voice that reveals their perspective on your problem area.
4) A Biography - a written story that shines a light on your user's experience and day to day life including their experience of the problem.
5) Brands - highlight the brands that your user connects with to help reveal their values, taste, prioirities or aspirations
6) Goals, Frustrations, Motivations - a few points for each that highlight why your user makes the choices they do in day to day life.
Most importantly, personas should give you a full picture of your users and their perspective and needs related to your problem and solution.